We at Oasis Family Church Believe:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and sole authority for Faith.
- God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Father is the Creator of all things, and He is the Giver of life to all and provider of everything that is good and perfect.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God; equal to God, born of the virgin Mary. He is both divine and human, who committed no sin. He died for the sin of all mankind, was buried, and rose in the same but glorified body. He ascended to the right hand of God the Father. His is the only One who has a name under heaven by which man can be saved, being the only Mediator between God and man.
- The Holy Spirit is a person, is one with the Father and the Son and the Author and Authority of the infallible Word of God. He comes to indwell, regenerate, convict, empower and instruct a believer to live, serve and glorify God, to testify of Salvation through Jesus the Son. His life changing Power is given to a person at the point of Salvation.
- That all Believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ share in the fellowship known in the Bible as the Bride of Messiah and commonly referred to as the Church.
- The Church, being the Body of Christ, will be caught up when Jesus comes in the clouds and takes Her to Heaven and forever will be with the Lord.
- That Jesus will physically return to the earth after this, with His Saints, to rule and reign over it.
- Salvation is wholly the work of God’s Grace and cannot be obtained through works or any religious ceremony. It is a gift given to man and received by personal faith. At that time the righteousness of Christ is imputed to the person which justifies him/her in God’s sight.
- At the point of Salvation, a person is totally adopted into the Family of God, united In Christ, and the recipient of divine grace and every spiritual blessing. This is described in the Bible as being ‘Born Again’ and each Believer will continue into a life of daily sanctification by the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, being conformed into the image of Christ.
- There are two ordinances we practice, commanded by Jesus; Baptism by full immersion and the Lord’s Supper; limited to Believers only.
- Believers are not to forsake the fellowshipping of the Church but are to regularly assemble under the authority of the local church. They are to live a holy and sanctified lifestyle as commanded by the Word of God, through the power of the indwelling Spirit.
- The Jews are descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. They are the Chosen People of God. Israel is God’s Chosen Nation. Though Israel has rejected Jesus as Messiah, God’s unconditional covenants remain. God intends to fulfil all His promises to Israel literally. A believing remnant always existing, the national election of Israel will occur in the future and all the covenantal promises will be fulfilled.
- Satan is a created being. He is a fallen angel who, through the sin of pride became the adversary of God. He is the originator of sin and operates today as the prince of this world. His destiny is to be thrown into the lake of fire along with the great throng of angels who followed Satan at his fall.
To become a Christian (a Believer and follower of the ministry, death, burial & resurrection of Jesus Christ).
Romans 3:23 ‘for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God’. Every person is a sinner and in need of the Saviour.
Believe that Jesus Christ is Lord; that He is the only Son of God who died on the Cross for my sin, was buried and rose to life on the third day.
Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. (NIV)
To spread the Good News of Salvation through Grace by Faith in Jesus Christ by declaring the whole counsel of God. Acts 20:27
To train up the people of God to become all they are called to be, for His Glory by building up the Body of Christ. Eph 4:13.
‘and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things; so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.’ Eph 3:9-10
Mat 6:9-10 “In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Is 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us? “Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.
2Ti 2:15 – Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.